Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chris Douglas-Roberts Featured in Edge Magazine


Detroit MI. native Chris Douglas-Roberts is one of the more popular players In the NBA. Thanks to Twitter Douglas-Roberts is able to communicate with his fans and allow them access into his world. He actually started his own Twitter movement. "Fly School"  gives his Twitter followers an outlet to express themselves. Known simply as CD-R, Douglas-Roberts is most remembered for his College career at Memphis University. CD-R starred for Coach John Calipari's Memphis Tigers for three seasons. CD-R was drafted in the second round by the New Jersey Nets back in 2008. After two productive seasons with the Nets he was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks.

Currently playing in Italy for Virtus Bologna due to the NBA Lockout, CD-R made the decision to honor his contract with Virtus Bologna instead of returning to the NBA this season. Unlike most players that opted to return to there respective teams after the lockout CD-R continued to live by his trendsetting ways and follow his own path.

To some CD-R might come off as "misunderstood" but that is far from the case. I got the opportunity to met CD-R last year and he just comes off as the laid back type that isn't afraid to speak his mind. Call him whatever you want. He could care less.

Check Out a couple excerpts from the interview below:  

Why do you think people perceive you in a negative light without getting the chance to know you first?
Chris Douglas Roberts: "People fear what they don’t understand, when teachers would ask me what I wanted to be, I’d say an NBA player"

How would you look at yourself from the outside?
CD-R: "I’d probably think I was unapproachable. I don’t know if I would like me or not. It’s natural for people to make assumptions. I don’t blame people for that. I intimidate people and I exude confidence—a lot of people don’t like that. I probably would turn the average person off… Plus I can be pretty hard-headed and stubborn."

On his fears.
CD-R: "I’m scared of two things: God and marriage.”  “I really never use the word. It’s the least used word in my vocabulary. If people get married I think they should be forty or older when they do it… I mean it’s a beautiful thing, it’s just not for me”

Read the entire article here: Edge Magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment