Monday, November 19, 2012

My New Favorite YouTube Clip

Ron Mercer didn't stand a chance
The year was 1997 Halloween night to be exact. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and the rest of the Chicago Bulls coming off there 5th NBA Championship in 7 years opened the 1997-98 season against the Boston Celtics at the FleetCenter. The Celtics were a disaster that past season winning only 15 games they expected to draft Tim Duncan out of Wake Forest but they dropped to the 3rd pick and selected Chauncey Billups (C's traded Billups to Toronto for Kenny Anderson during the season.)

Okay so the reason why I am now declaring this clip my new favorite YouTube sensation is because of all of the nostalgia that comes with it. You have MJ entering his final campaign with the Chicago Bulls (As we all know the Bulls won the Championship in '98 with MJ's shot heard 'round the world) getting interviewed by a younger rather dapper Craig Sager. You have the Celtics featuring new coach Rick Pittino. (Not gonna get into how that ended.) A young Antoine Walker, Billups, and surprise surprise Bruce Bowen. (Hubie Brown's prediction of Bowen becoming a premier defender proved true.)

So in '97 I was only seven so if I said I remember this night I would be lying but looking back its so much fun. This was the last year of the Bulls Dynasty and that season began in my hometown. I only wish who whoever posted this clip posted the entire game because if you were unaware my Boston Celtics won the game 92-85, but like the saying goes its not how you start its how you finish... Well at least I have 2008 to hang my hat on.  

Checkout the clip below:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment